Nova has 28 apprenticeship training centres throughout the West Midlands and the East of England. All centres are well equipped with ICT, plasma screens and a range of other resources. Many of our centres have additional workshops where you can learn a trade such as bricklaying, hairdressing, retail, beauty, plumbing, decorating, plastering, carpentry or motor vehicle.
Support For Young People With Special Educational Needs & Disabilities 16 - 24
Course Description If you are 16 to 24 years old, have a learning difficulty assessment or an education health and care plan and want to move into employment a Supported Internship will provide you with the additional support you need.
A Supported Internship is a 12 month programme that will help you to achieve the skills and experience you need to secure employment. On a Supported Internship you will spend the majority of your time in an unpaid work placement with an employer and the dedicated support of a job coach.
You will also have an Individualised study programme giving you the chance to gain a vocational qualification along side English and Maths development.
Our aim is simply to prepare you for paid employment by: • Enabling you to show what you can do in the workplace
• Supporting you to develop the skills valued by employers
• Developing your confidence in your own ability to perform successfully at work
Other outcomes you may also achieve are: • Work experience to add to your CV
• Changing the perception of employers about people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
• Changing the perception of your family/friends by showing that you can work
• Widening social networks
• Improving your English and Maths skills to prepare you for work and independent living
• Becoming an independent traveller
• Increasing job opportunities and independence
• Future Opportunities
Entry Requirements • Must be aged 16 to 24 years old
• You need a Learning Difficulty Assessment, or an Education Health and Care Plan