We are pleased to announce that during April we received a full inspection visit from Ofsted. Ofsted have graded our leadership and management, capacity to improve and safeguarding arrangements as outstanding. In total 45% of our grades were outstanding, they include;
- How safe learners feel
- Learners being able to make informed choices about their health and well being
- How effectively the provision meets the needs and interests of users
- How well our partnerships with schools, employers, community groups and others lead to benefits for learners
- How effectively our leaders and managers raise expectations and promote ambition throughout the organisation
- How effectively we promote the safeguarding of learners
- How effectively we engage with users to support and promote improvement
- How efficiently and effectively we use our available resources to secure value for money
All of our other grades were awarded as grade 2 - good.
Some comments to note from our Inspection report include;
- Learners feel extremely safe.
- Support for learners on pastoral matters is outstanding.
- The range of programmes is excellent.
- Young learners aged 14-16 become highly interested in trades.
- Apprentices achieve high levels of qualifications.
- Most learners progress into education, employment and training.
- Managers set high standards and encourage all learners to achieve them.
- Learners are fully engaged in productive activities to improve their skills and chances of gaining employment.
- Nova is outstanding at engagement of learners and partners.
- Safeguarding arrangements are excellent and exceed government requirements.
- Excellent quality teaching, training and assessment.
- Superb and supportive tutors.
- Fantastic experience for learners.
- Consistently good record of achievement for learners.
- Nova makes a significant difference to the lives of many young people who are at a distinct risk of disengaging from society.
To view our learner report click here
To view our full report click here