Listen to our website with BrowseAloud Listen with BrowseAloud
What is BrowseAloud?
• BrowseAloud makes the Nova websites accessible to those who require online reading support, which is 20% of the UK population. It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice.
• The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
• Visitors can listen to this website with BrowseAloud, which is free to website visitors and can be easily downloaded from the BrowseAloud Website.
• Once the software is installed on your computer, you can choose to listen to the content of web pages and files such as pdf documents on this and other Browsealoud-enabled sites.
Who is BrowseAloud for?
• Anyone who has difficulty reading text on websites or who finds it tiring – for example, people with dyslexia or those who just don’t want to read online for longer than they have to.
• It is great for people with mild visual difficulties – but it does not replace the screen readers used by blind students.
• People with English as a second language often find it helpful as they can listen to pronunciation and read the text at the same time.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
• Reads web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice (Includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, alt tags)
• Reads secure web pages
• Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
• Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
• Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
• Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
• Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
• Converts text to MP3
• Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
How do I download BrowseAloud?
Browsealoud is free to download and use.
BrowseAloud Website Downloads http://www.browsealoud.co.uk/page.asp?pg_id=80004
If you need anymore help, contact us on:
Tel: 01902 366 278